“Find 30” is a state-based health campaign which aims to increase physical activity levels of people within specific settings.
Key aims of the Find 30 campaign include:
- Raise awareness of the positive impact that performing 30 minutes of physical activity on most days of the week has on people’s health.
- Demonstrate how physical activity can be incorporated into the daily lives of South Australian adults who are inactive or not active enough to benefit their health.
- Provide opportunities for people, particularly disadvantaged adults, to undertake moderate physical activity in safe and healthy environments.
Benefits of being active
Physical inactivity is a cause of significant health problems in our community.
The good news is being active doesn’t take a lot of time.
Simply find 30 minutes for physical activity most days for benefits including:
- Decreased heart disease and stroke, type 2 diabetes and prostate and breast cancer
- Improved blood pressure, cholesterol levels and aerobic fitness
- Better sleep, lowered stress and anxiety levels and reduced feelings of depression
Get started on some regular physical activity today, combine it with healthy eating and you’ll be on the path to a healthier, happier you. If you’re having trouble getting motivated, are unsure on what workout routines are right for you, or you need help with a diet plan – consider getting help from a qualified personal trainer in your area.
Facts about being active
Research shows that:
- Only 52 per cent of adult South Australians are physically active enough to benefit their health
- At least 17 per cent of adult South Australians are almost totally inactive
- Physical inactivity doubles your chance of a heart problem
- Physical inactivity increases your risk of developing some cancers
The good news is:
- just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity most days will help you make a difference
- walking, swimming, dancing or cycling are great ways to be more active
- the health benefits of regular activity take effect quickly